Monday, August 13, 2012

Hops picking time!!!

It's that time of year again!  It has been a crazy summer so far and we've been really busy.  A few days ago I finally got around to picking some of the hops that are ready to go!


Once I got up on the ladder I realized it was going to be a much bigger challenge than in previous years!


That's a 12 foot ladder and I still had to reach up well over my head for most of them.


I was up there for over an hour and I got most of the big ones on this side, but I still have the same amount on the other side.  They'll have to wait until my next day off!!


These are the results of what I picked that day.  I'm still waiting for them to dry out so I can weigh them, however I have a feeling I'm going to end up with more than a pound this year.  There has to be at least 4 or 5 ounces in the basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment